Monday, February 22, 2010

RYLEE DAY

This past Saturday was declared RYLEE DAY! It included opening presents, lunch at Costco, and ended with her first official birthday party.

PRESENTS
Ry was spoiled, not so much by us, but certainly by her grandparents and friends. Grandpa Chow and Venus got Ry her own set of golf clubs. Kev can not wait to get Ry out to the driving range this summer, if she can't be an Olympic skier she will be a professional golfer (no pressure Ry).

THE SPREAD
I was determined to make lots of goodies that Ry could eat. The challenge...have you tried doing lots of desserts without eggs and milk? We ended up with chocolate cake, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and rice crispies. We did cheat a little and serve ice cream to everyone else, I did not want to make our guests eat Rice Dream with their cake (tried it...not so dreamy).



Ry was loving the free for all sweet feast. That poor girl will watch her friends eat cookies, ice cream, or cake all the time and be excited to get a graham cracker.
RYLEE DAY was a success, except to maybe Sophie who apparently does not like when you put a big cone on her head.

15 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That party is amazing!!!

maynardmoments said...

I love the Birthday sign. I am glad she had such a fun day. I can't belive how big Sophie looked in the picture. Wow.

Maranda said...

Stef- I love your dessert table! It is a new passion and hobby of mine to make awesome desserts and make them look great. I've made a few table spreads myself and yours gives me some new inspiration.

Lilit said...

oh wow, what a great part!!! Decorations are so cute and the treats all sound good! Good job Steph! your girls are adorable!

Stacy said...

Wow! That is amazing! Where did you get the cute sign? You are so creative! Tandi's Birthday is coming up and now I feel like I really need to make it cute!!!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Adorable! I love everything! Doug's jealous of the golf clubs! ;)

cksoderquist said...

you are alittle martha stewart! I am excited now to make Savannah's birthday party treat. What a great mom you are. Your girls are adorable

Misner Family said...

I remember something with a cake a year ago, but I guess that doesnt compare to everything you did for this party. Holy Guacamole! Everything is so cute. Looks like a magazine.

The Eight Family said...

Love your happy bday sign. Cute cake too. Looks like the birthday was a great success!
It is hard to make them watch everyone else eat the "real" stuff. Good job - what a great mom you are!

Laura Lyden said...

I am seriously impressed with you snacks! They look to good to eat!

Maja said...

You are amazing! Poor Taylor, I am thinking a lot less effort for her birthday. Hmm maybe you need to come and throw her a party next month. Rylee is a very lucky little girl.

Liz said...

I think you look more talented than Martha Stewart! Can I hire you to decorate for our parties? Time goes by so fast with these little ones, Rylee is getting so big!

Tish said...

OH MY GOSH!!! OK, two things, first of all, Rylee is the cutest 3 year old ever!!! And second of all, that party looks so amazing!!!

maynardmoments said...

Hey there,
We had to make our blog private, but we want to invite you to it. Could you please send me your email address. Thanks!
Becky
runorbust@gmail.com

Chelle and Aaron said...

I'm so sad I ended up working and we missed out. You did a fantastic job decorating. So cute! And I'm glad Ry got something tastier than a stale marshmallow for this party...